I thought you might like a little peek at my reading pile….and what’s next for The Writer Reads!
Non Fiction books in the pile include….
- Anti-Intellectualism in American Life by Richard Hofstadter
- The Smartest Kids in the World, and How They Got That Way by Amanda Ripley
- The Case for God by Karen Armstrong
- Christina Yoga by J.M Dechanet
- The Longest Trip Home by John Grogan
- Dark Matters by Peter Straub
- Slaves of Obsession by Anne Perry
- The Tulip Virus by Danielle Hermans
I am taking two courses which I plan to review. First is a journal-writing course from Mari L. McCarthy called WriteItOff! It is focused on helping you lose weight through journaling. I am about halfway through the course and absolutely love it, but I plan to review it in full when it is complete. I am also enrolled in a online writing retreat from Loyola Press called Days of Deepening Friendship. I hope to work on that one after I complete the journal writing course.
What I am looking for right now: Can you recommend a good book in the following categories? Leave a comment here or on our Facebook page, please, and share some recommendations!
- Memoirs, especially spiritual memoirs and memoirs of the Great Depression and World War II
- Non Fiction books about the Great Depression, World War II (think Unbroken, Clara’s Kitchen)
- Animal stories (think Dewey, the Eighty Dollar Champion, Secretariat, Marley & Me)
Thanks and don’t forget to share recommendations here!